Blazing seems a good word for this post. Appropriately seasonal in a pagan kind of a way. Blazing: crackling and spitting like a split log on a warm fire or perhaps, a series of fresh nicks on tree trunks showing the way through the forest. The people I want to thank share in both these meanings!
So here they are. This is not a complete list but Part One, at least.
Thank you to
- Claire Trévien, Annexe Magazine, JT Welsch and all of you who came out to support our launches of The Frock Enquiry and The Ruin. I never really know quite what I have made until there is the chance to share it with a community of readers and writers. Also to Lucie Forejtova for her bookmaking artistry.
- Tideway Poets and Unruly Writers (the London group and the wider group in Oxford, France, USA and across the world), my two extended (writing) families.
- Jacqueline Saphra, Vout-O-Reenees and all the poets who took part in the recent Poem-A-Thon for Refugees plus all those who supported the event through sponsorship or attending.We are nearly up to £20,000 with the combination of sponsorship and donations on the day. The Just Giving page is still open for a few more days for any last gifts.https://www.justgiving.com/teams/poemsforrefugees
- Steven J. Fowler, Poetry School and all my fellow students for the exciting and inspiring Mondo (Global Avant-Garde) course.
- Cathy Park Hong and Sandeep Parmar for writing two of the most thought-provoking and significant articles I have read this year. Cathy Park Hong https://newrepublic.com/article/122985/new-movement-american-poetry-not-kenneth-goldsmith Sandeep Parmar https://lareviewofbooks.org/essay/not-a-british-subject-race-and-poetry-in-the-uk/
- Jude Cowan Montague and her News Agents show https://www.mixcloud.com/Resonance/playlists/the-news-agents/
- Carrie Etter for her work on the Forward prizes this year and for sharing her Anne Carson passion.
- MKC and VB for their massive generosity and FC and AC for turning up to support their Auntie at the London launch!
- YOU ALL FOR READING THIS BLOG!
Blaze on! Here’s to 2016!